There’s never been a more relevant time to develop your knowledge, understanding and skills to manage and support Mental Health. Your mental health matters, and you can up-skill to support yourself, and help those around you. Use your deepened knowledge, skills and confidence to help your family, social and work communities.
Whether you’re an individual looking to develop your skill set, or an company representative looking for an experienced trainer and facilitator with multi-sector experience, I can help.
As a resolute Mental Health Champion, pre-Covid I regularly spoke at conferences and community forums where I discussed social taboos, prejudice, discrimination, and other hot and evolving topics. I am looking forward to continuing this when this is possible once again. In the meantime, below is a link to a July 2021 webinar I participated in, discussing managing stress and pressure at work, with MedComms.
Internationally recognised courses
I’m an experienced facilitator and instructor, and licensed via MHFA England to offer the following Adult Mental Health training programmes to participants aged 16+:
- Half-Day Adult Mental Health Awareness, available Worldwide.
- Adult Mental Health First Aid: 2 days. This is flexible learning which combines individual learning activities with online sessions. Available for residents within England only.
- course summary:
ADULT MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID (ONLINE) £300
- Comprehensive MHFA England learning materials, for reference during and beyond the programme.
- Access to the MHFA online learning hub – full of rich resources, and also where you complete your individual learning activities.
- 2 days’ online group learning, to embed your learning. Building skills and confidence.
- The option of confidential FREE 1-hour mentoring session 4-6 weeks’ post-programme.
- In-depth, robust knowledge and understanding of mental health, including self-care.
- Develop the skills and confidence to provide effective support to someone in distress, and help prevent a crisis.
Adult Mental Health Aware (Online) £150
- Concise MHFA England learning materials and self care toolkit for reference during and beyond the programme.
- Half a day – just 4 hours’ of online group learning to develop your knowledge, understanding, skills and confidence.
- An introduction to mental health and what affects it.
- Exploring stigma and discrimination.
- Developing skills to have mental health conversations.
- How to look after your own mental health.
HOW TO BOOK:
- Browse the course info using the link above.
- Choose your dates and follow the steps to register your interest.
- I will contact you to discuss any questions, requirements, and to invoice you or your organisation.
- I will then enrol you fully, and give you the joining instructions.
Booking Terms and conditions
Once you have confirmed you wish to attend, and all questions have been clarified, your place will be secured. Once you have been enrolled centrally with MHFA’s systems, and your invoice paid, your learning materials will be sent to you. Full joining instructions will be provided and ongoing support offered, to ensure your pre-live session activities are completed.
It is the responsibility of the learner to to notify the instructor of any questions or problems ahead of live sessions, with as much notice as possible. It is the responsibility of the learner to test and check their IT equipment is working effectively, as set out in the joining instructions.
In the event a session is missed, the instructor will offer to review the missed content on a 121 basis to ensure continuity and course completion, for which there may be an additional charge for time incurred. In the event the learner needs to transfer their cohort, the instructor will provide as much flexibility as possible to facilitate this. In the event the learner needs to cancel, refunds are at the instructor’s discretion.