Navigating employment practices isn’t always straightforward and that’s where KCHR comes in. I am good at and really enjoy what I do.
When people work effectively together to build engaging employment experiences, the mutual benefits are resounding.
- Philosophy: I aim to support individuals and businesses to be the very best they can be, through thick and thin.
- Scalability: with over 20 years’ experience across a range of sectors and industries, I readily adapt to support varied business environments: individuals, small-medium sized – and also large national and global companies.
- Adaptability: I offer a wide range of professional HR Services, which are tailored to meet your needs.
- Accessibility: compared with other business consultants and agencies, I offer an easy-to-use service at surprisingly affordable rates.
- Plain English: I know HR jargon can be a mild irritation, so I aim to speak your language and adopt an informal, personable approach – from the ‘shop floor’ to the boardroom.
Like the majority of us, HR wasn’t a robustly planned career choice yet when discovered, I embraced it head-first. Having since enjoyed 20 years of full time employment in HR alongside ad hoc private HR consultancy assignments, I took the plunge and went fully ‘free-range’ in 2019 with great encouragement from my peer network and local business community.
With many significant global and European political and economic shifts, the impact on businesses in relation to employment will require careful handling. The introduction of GDPR in May 2018 may seem trivial when compared with the uncertainty Brexit presents for all commerce, directly impacting employment legislation. It will be highly likely that businesses will need to respond with significant restructures and manage other challenges of redesign.
The labour market is already fickle and the balance of power is certainly erring in favour of the employee for the foreseeable future. By 2025, 75% of the UK workforce will be made up of Millennials and Generation Z. Businesses are recognising that this demographic have hugely different notions and expectations of their experience of the world of work and how they contribute. The emergence of the ‘portfolio career’ is no longer a growing trend, it’s here now – and it’s here to stay, not only for the younger generation but the aging workforce too.
Attracting, developing, retaining and rewarding the very best talent has long been a minefield of challenge for businesses, irrespective of sector or size – and it’s not getting any easier.
Businesses are quickly understanding the need to harness their people contribution more effectively, flexibly and quickly. Buying in short term ad hoc tailored HR support is the most cost effective way to respond to and manage current people challenges, whilst addressing and planning for further business change and modernisation.
People want to know who they’re doing business with, so let me introduce myself to you as founder of KCHR.
Kathy Chillistone MCIPD
With a strong entrepreneurial vision for partnership working and growth I enjoy working with and for my home community across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
I am very much a human being first, and a credible values led professional second. I thoroughly enjoy the intellectual challenge that the variety of interaction and HR assignments bring.
“I am delighted to have launched KCHR and I am looking forward to a very busy first year.
As businesses respond to our fast changing economic landscape, there is a growing demand to buy in flexible HR support to meet short term needs, without needing to make a longer term financial commitment.
This new venture is hugely exciting – it gives me the flexibility to pursue my professional interests and other responsibilities more actively.
Living in Cowes, it is a regular and easy commute for me to meet with clients based in Hampshire, Dorset and further afield – as well as enjoying a firm footprint on the Isle of Wight.”
Balancing my freelance work with a range of personal commitments I also enjoy:
- being an active Director Trustee for the Island-based charity, ‘Independent Arts’.
- developing a fast-growing trading hobby enterprise.
- endurance sports: mountain biking, skiing, surfing and kayaking.
- fundraising for the local branch of the National Autistic Society.
I share my family home with my partner and our cat; between us we have three ‘grown-up’ children.
Please click on ‘contact KCHR’ above to get in touch.